Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mission Life

I haven't had a chance to post anything for the past 8 days, but that is because I am on a mission trip to the interior of Suriname right now. My friends from NAPS, the organization I work with, are here. They arrived on February 15th. We actually left for the interior on the 17th. I only have like 15 minutes for this post, but I am writing to let you all know that I am o.k. and there are tremendous things happening out here. Of course there have been some ups and downs, but overall I see a continual increase in the positive outcomes of our work.

We have been teaching at the village school, visiting homes, and holding nightly family programs. The villager attendance at our programs have been steadily increasing. There will be doctors, and dentists coming in 2 weeks to really meet the needs of our new found friends here in the interior. The bond we have with the families, especially the children is amazing. Please keep a prayer in your heart for us and I will TRY to keep you updated. We plan to work out here until the 17th of March. I can't wait to see what the future will hold!

Loving what I do...

1 comment: