Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Post

My dearest good friend has a blog that inspires me. I feel so connected just reading the blog. Even though I am in another continent with every post I read I feel right there by her side. With this blog I hope to bring you by my side. I have wanted to post this blog for a month now, but didn't know what to say. This is actually my very first blog, but definitely not my last. I really like the idea of a blog because you can share your thoughts and feelings with practically the world. (Even if the world doesn't follow this blog it's available for them)

I am a part of a non-profit organization that does humanitarian work around the world. Last year some members from our group who dedicated their school year to missionary work were supposed to come here, but because of the earthquake in Haiti all efforts were diverted to the cause of relief in Haiti. This year there is a team doing the same thing and will work in the interior/jungles of Suriname.

Why am I in Suriname, South America? As a recent college graduate, newlywed, and Haitian-American there was a need for us to be here. Believe it or not there are Haitians here in Suriname. Among those there are believers who were in need of a pastor to minister to their needs in their own language. My husband, who is a pastor, and I both being of Haitian descent decided we would love to minister to our own people here. We have dedicated 1 year to be an aid and support for the Haitian community. Even though I didn't start the first day I got here, "it's better late, than never". Right? On SuriTam my journey will be penned for your enrichment and my memory. Enjoy!

Now I have officially posted my first blog entry. Wow! finally over that hump...

1 comment:

  1. I love, Love, LOVE it Tam! Like you said, it really makes me feel connected and a part of your life even though you're far away. I love the design of the blog and the name is cute! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete