Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunday Stroll

Converse Store at the Hermitage mall

Yesterday, I went to the mall with my hubby after a successful outing with our church members. We were going to go to Fernandes, to get a little snack, but opted to just get the snack at the mall. Before we arrived honestly I thought the mall might not be open, because so many other places were closed. Much to my pleasant surprise the mall was open. Yay!! First place? Food court. The food court isn't as extensive, but I did find a good snack. We both ordered a chicken sate (pronounced sah-tay) with a side of fries. I got some pinda sauce with mine. Pinda is dutch for peanuts. In a later post I hope to give you a recipe for this delicious pinda sauce.

After eating of course we just walked around like the rest of the mall goers. I looked into stores with wishful eyes and empty pockets. Oh how I wish I was rich sometimes. (Only sometimes because mo' money, mo' problems.) Anyhow though I knew I wasn't going to buy anything I still went into several stores, shoe stores to be specific. I love shoes. Until my husband was tired but by then we were practically at the end of the mall. All that was left was the huge Converse store that stood before us. Of course he was rejuvenated as we entered. I felt like I was in America again. There were shoes (of course), clothes, and a DJ. Across the Converse store is one of the two McDonald's in Suriname. I wanted a sundae, but since I had one Saturday night I figured a few less calories wouldn't hurt.

We left there around 8:45pm and it looked like the night was just getting started. The stores were closing, yet the parking lot was throbbing with cars. Then it was brought to my attention that everyone is going to the theatres which is adjacent to the mall. Going to the mall always tires me, but I stayed up for the 45 minute drive home. The Hermitage mall is a definite place to visit if you come to Suriname.

Now wanting a sundae...

No comments:

Post a Comment