Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Going Home

In 4 days I will be in America. Yay!!! : D This blog is not over, neither will the posts diminish for the next 2 weeks (hopefully), because this is only a visit. I am going to visit my friends and family even though honestly I gave gotten used-to Suriname. Of course there are people that I miss, like my Dad and sister (not my mom because she is here visiting), but I am glad to get a chance to see their faces. I was thinking about the first thing I wanted to eat...mmm....Subway! I want to get a turkey sandwich wrap with some chipotle sauce, baby spinach, olives, onions, ranch dressing, swiss cheese, and have it toasted! Whooo...hooo! That is going to be so good. That is just one of the many restaurants on my list. Seeing that I am on a strict budget I may not get to go to all here on my list: Chinese restaurant [only for broccoli and tofu in garlic sauce w/ fried rice], Subway, Taco bell, Chipotle, Chik-fil-A, Coconutz Fusion, Papa Gyros (great greek food), Casa Blanca, any Indian restaurant, Cheesecake factory....can't think of anymore,  but please if you have any ideas I'm willing to hear.

Apart from the food I am really looking forward to shopping at the thrift store. I just love a good bargain for great quality stuff. Can't wait to go to Walmart and Target! Actually take a hot shower. My house only has cold water. You know there are usually two knobs on every sink...well not everywhere do you have the luxury of two knobs here. Most times it is one knob for the cold. If you have a tank though that faces the sun during the day, you will have the privilege of feeling nice warm water on your skin. The cold water is actually good for you though. Some say it will make you sick, but I think I have gained a strengthened immune system seeing that I haven't gotten sick. I hope too many things haven't changed since I've been gone, but I guess I'll find out when I get there.

America here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment